British footwear brand, Chatham will launch its summer 2016 collections for men, women and children, at MODA (9-11 August 2015). Chatham will debut its exclusive Made in Britain men’s collection, which is to be manufactured in a new purpose built factory at Chatham HQ in Exeter, Devon – the first boating shoes to be made in Great Britain.
The Exeter factory will begin production of the Made in Britain collection later in 2015, for shipping in January 2016 in time for the spring summer season. Made in Britain features four styles, each in a choice of colourways, all named after British Prime Ministers. Churchill (right) and Peel (left), which feature contrasting upper and sole, are made with premium British KUDU leather, sourced from a tannery in Leeds.
Philip Marsh, Managing Director of Chatham, says, “Producing an exclusive footwear line here in Exeter is a significant milestone for the brand. Chatham is a British brand, a British family business, designing, developing, sourcing and now developing here in Great Britain. We’re all about British style and traditional craftsmanship, made from the finest premium quality leathers, it’s the perfect fit.
“From a business perspective it will offer greater flexibility for trade buyers, and will open up the export market for us through the USA and Asia, where demand for British products continues to soar.”
The new summer 2016 collections include the launch of a ‘Sole Spring’ range – a casual looking, comfort shoe with a technical sole unit, in five styles and a variety of colours for men and women. Made with premium nubuck leather and contrasting EVA/rubber outsole, they all feature Chatham’s tri-density comfort technology with 3mm memory foam, which reflects the anatomical profile of the foot and provides padding just where it’s needed to give the wearer maximum comfort and spring.
For men, Chatham will launch new styles in the country collection for spring summer 2016 – Goodyear Welted brogues in suede and canvas uppers on a natural crepe sole unit. Cambridge and Embassy are the first to feature this sole, crafted with premium suedes (Cambridge) and stone wash canvas (Embassy), alongside Rio and Dodge – high quality suede desert boots with a leather midsole and crepe sole.
Colour features heavily in the Chatham summer collection, in brand favourites and for children, new vibrant deck shoes.
Key styles for men include:
Chatham Made in Britain
· Pitt: Horween leather lace-up, available in tan/navy and navy/tan. WSP: £49.50 / RRP: £119
· Balfour: Horween leather slip on, available in tan/navy and navy/tan. WSP: £49.50 / RRP: £119
· Churchill: British KUDU leather lace-up available in taupe/dark brown, dark brown/blue and blue/taupe. WSP: £57.90 / RRP £139
· Peel: British KUDU leather slip on, available in blue/taupe and dark brown/blue. WSP: £57.90 / RRP £139
Chatham Sole Spring
Bounce, Bound and Recoil: WSP £28.75 / RRP £69.00
Key styles for women include:
· Gracy: a stylish summer brogue from Chatham’s Life collection, made from premium suede material with an ivory and wooden heel, a rubber sole unit. Available in taupe, coral and dark grey. WSP: £24.60 / RRP: £59
· Echo: a premium leather boating shoe, Echo has a contrast leather collar, padded insock and leather lining for added comfort, and studded rubber sole. Available in white/pink/navy, jeans/white/navy and jade/navy/white. WSP: £24.60 / RRP: £59
· Dixie: a wedge-heeled take on a boating shoe, Dixie has a canvas upper and nautical detailing for the summer. Available in navy and navy stripe. WSP: £20.40 / RRP: £55
· Josie Canvas: a new stripped canvas style. Made from premium leather and nubuck upper, Josie has a padded leather sock and all round lace, with a non-slip wedge sole with away jet channelling. Available in tan/white stripe and navy/white stripe. WSP: £24.60 / RRP: £59
· Seahorse: a premium nubuck leather sandal featuring 3mm memory foam padded sock for extra comfort. Designed with buck detail and a contrasting sole. Available in tan, new brown and deep eclipse. WSP: £20.40 / RRP: £49
· Sofie: a stylish summer sandal, made from high quality nubuck leather, featuring plait detailing and a 3mm memory foam padded footbed. Available in deep eclipse, tan and new brown. WSP: £20.40 / RRP: £49
· Salsa: a classic leather sandal for the summer, Salsa is made from premium nubuck leather with stylish cross-over design and 3mm memory foam footbed. Available in deep eclipse, new brown, tan and white. WSP: £20.40 / RRP: £49
New styles for the Sole Spring range include Step and Spring for women. WSP £24.60 / RRP £59.00
Children’s collection highlights:
Henry: (right) a traditional deck shoe in premium nubuck leather, with funky contrasting non-slip rubber sole and matching eyelets and laces. Available in brown/orange, navy/yellow and stone/pink. WSP: £20.30 / RRP: £39
Oliver: (left) A Velcro version of Henry, for the younger budding sailors, available in brown/orange, navy/yellow and stone/pink.
WSP: £20.30 / RRP: £39